Below you can find the answers to the most common questions we get.
If you have a additional question, you are welcome to contact our friendly customer service who can answer all your questions!
All about warranty
IO.DOMO has a warranty that covers manufacturer's defects for three years after the original purchase date.
Basically, if the watch parts or mechanics don't work properly, and it's our fault, we will repair or replace your product for free. However, this does not cover any abuse you might put your watch through on your own. The warranty does not cover water damage, normal wear and tear, batteries, accidental glass damage, scratches, strap damage, lost diamonds or theft.
Proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims and service requests, so please keep your receipt or be sure your watch is registered on our website!
You can register your watch here: www.iodomo.watch/register
- Damages due to mistreatment, careless use, accidents, or other external influences.
- Water damage on none water resistant watches (water resistant = 10 ATM or higher ATM).
- Damages due to repair or other work done by someone that is not an authorized dealer.
- Damages on plastic-, rubber-, leather wristbands, links and coating of these.
- Damages on the glass, ring, crown, case, wristband, stones and other superficial parts.
If the watch is working but the hand of the seconds is not moving, it is possible that the watch has a chronograph function and the hand of the seconds is actually a stop watch. The stop watch starts when you press the pusher at 2 o’clock but it is often turned off as it uses battery. A watch shop can show you how to start the stop watch.
The watch could have run out of battery as there is sometimes a period between the manufacturing of the watch and the arrival to the customer. A watchmaker can change the battery if that is the case. Send us an email with a picture of the receipt, you will get the whole amount as credit towards your next purchase.
Please note we do refund the whole amount of battery change to you as credit towards if the battery runs out within 2 weeks from the date of you receiving the parcel.
If your product is broken or damaged at delivery please contact us immediately at IO.DOMO's customer service. Please be sure to make pictures of the arriving of the parcel, if the parcel is visibly damaged!
The withdrawal period is 14 days for unused products. We need a picture of the broken product in order for us to help you in the best possible way.
If something happens with your product after 14 days you should of course contact us so we can decide what needs to be done. It is important that you email us a picture of the broken product. Please send a clear picture of the faulty part as we cannot see the problem with the watch if it’s not clear and if there is a reflection on the picture. If you discover a fault with your watch and continue to use it, we cannot then be responsible for any damages that might happen to the watch.
If your product has a fault that is covered by the warranty after you have started to use the product, then the product will get repaired. If it’s not possible to repair it you will get a new product or a similar product if the original product is not in stock. You will get a refund only after 2 repairs have been made and the same problem exists
All about watches
To ensure the authenticity of a IO.DOMO timepiece, it must be purchased directly from our website or on Kickstarter. Purchasing IO.DOMO from e-commerce platforms such as eBay, AliExpress or an unauthorized third party vendor on Amazon, you risk receiving a timepiece that is counterfeited, used or defective. Please note that warranty does not cover IO.DOMO timepieces without an original order ID and which are purchased on mentioned platforms.
You can check the authenticity of your watch here: www.iodomo.watch/check-authenticity
Always check on the back of the watch to find out which water resistance it has before you start to use your watch!
The water-resistance of a IO.DOMO Courchevel and Sonerva collection timepieces is 3ATM (30m), which means it is rain/splash resistant but should not be exposed directly to water.
The terminology ”water proof” is not used any longer as it can be misleading because watches can resist water in different degrees. Water sustainability means to what grade a watch can become wet, or resist the pressure that occurs from a certain amount of water. The unit (ATM, Bar, M or FT) refers to the degree of pressure tested. These figures explain the degree of pressure the watch is made to take and it doesn’t mean depth, even though this is a common misunderstanding. You can’t for example dive 50 meters below sea level with a 5 ATM watch. It is important to remember it is measured at a static or no moving condition during cold circumstances. It doesn’t consider that the pressure increases with movement. When you swim you add pressure simply by moving the watch around in the water.
Check regularly that the rubber seal has not dried up. Repeated exposure to chlorine, salt water or soap can dry out the seal in these cases the watch will start letting in water.
Please note! Don’t use your watch in showers, saunas or baths as that may affect the seal.
The unit that is used can be different in different parts of the world or on different models and pages on the internet. One example is 30 meters=3ATM=3BAR=100ft all mean the same just as 1000mm=100cm=1m are really the same measurements.
Your watch is marked with the water resistance that it can handle. Please look at the back of your watch!
Here is a chart to show a water resistance rating for the watches:
ATM 3 (30m)
ATM 5 (50m)
ATM 10 (100m)
Shower / Heavy rain
Dump / Steam
All our watches are fitted with a standard silver coin type battery, readily available at most watchmakers and jewelers.
You can go to a authorized watchmaker and change the battery.
If the battery runs out within one year from the date of receiving the watch you will then receive a 10 US$ discount on your next purchase if you send us an email with a picture of the receipt
You can go to a watchmaker/watch shop who can adjust the bracelet for you. It is important to go to an authorized watchmaker as your watch as certain watches require special tools and knowledge. Please note that ceramic watches are very sensitive. It’s extremely important that a qualified watchmaker is adjusting such a watch. You cannot return your watch if you have adjusted the wristband within the withdrawal period.
Sending us an email with a picture of the receipt will entitle you to a 10 US$ discount on your next purchase.
Please remember to save the links that have been removed
The wristband is not covered by the warranty! Discolouring, wear and tear, problems with clasp, pins and links are not covered by the warranty.
We will of course help you if your watch is broken at delivery but you need to contact us immediately if that is the case. Please note that the watch cannot be used and the plastic cover must be left on the watch for us to be able to help you with the broken wrist band.
We cannot accept and be responsible for watches that are returned as if they were new but are used by you.
Your watch consits of fine mechanical parts that are put together with big care and precision. Regardless of purchase of a cheap watch or a more expensive model you need to follow the following instructions to get the best possible use of your watch and enjoy it for a long time:
- Avoid exposing your watch to extreme conditions like direct sunlight, extreme heat or extreme cold. Extreme heat or cold can cause the watch not to work as it should as well as shortening the life-span of the battery.
- Avoid exposing the watch to humid conditions unless they are marked with 10 or 20 ATM. Never use the buttons or the crown when the watch is damp. If water or condensation gets into the watch then an authorized watchmaker should examine the watch immediately, even if the condensation disappears, the components in the watch may get damaged otherwise.
- Condensation in the watch. Sudden changes of temperature can cause vacuum inside the watch, which can cause condensation. If this happens you can see water on the glass on the inside of the watch. If the liquid is no longer visible do not take for granted that it has dried up. The watch needs to be taken to a watchmaker immediately who can open the watch and remove the damp. The damp can penetrate the mechanism which will lead to damage of the watch. Not even 10 or 20 ATM are protected against sudden changes of temperature. Condensation may happen if you move the watch from below zero C outdoors to high temperature indoors or if you keep the watch in the bathroom whilst showering. This is not necessarily a manufacture fault and a complaint can’t always be done. The manufacturer decides this.
- Avoid bumps and impacts on the watch. Your watch is made to manage normal use. You should not sleep with your watch on.
- Avoid the use of perfume, soap or other chemicals that might damage your watch. Chemicals can cause discoloration, changes and other damage to the case, the wristband or other parts. Avoid using bracelets on the same arm as where you are wearing your watch as this may scratch and cause wear on the plating.
- Avoid magnetic fields or static electricity that can cause damage to the mechanism of the watch. Normally a watch is not affected by household machines like televisions, stereos etc.
- Keep the watch clean. Clean it with a soft cloth and water (only if it is water resistant) Rinse the watch if it has been in salty or chlorinated water. The wristband should be cleaned regularly to keep its look and reduce wear and tear. Please note that plated watches are more sensitive than watches made of stainless steel. Clean it with a soft brush and slightly soapy water. After each clean a dry soft cloth needs to be used to dry it off.
- A leather wristband is a natural product that will wear and tear. It is very delicate when it comes to damp, sweat, chemicals and frictions. The wristband has a short lifespan and should (due to hygienic reasons) be changed every 6-12 months, depending on how much the band is used. During the change the pins of the band should be checked or changed too.
- A wristband that is made of stainless steel doesn’t oxidize and doesn’t need to be polished. It can be cleaned with a bit of soap and water. Be careful not to wash it with too much water as some doesn’t take a lot of contact with water, please read more about your watch’s water safety.
- A wristband and watch that is plated must be looked after carefully. A plated wristband is more delicate than a wristband in stainless steel. Gentle handling and cleaning is a must with all watches and wristbands. A plated wristband needs to be cleaned gently. Thorough rubbing is wearing on the plated surface and you also risk shortening the lifespan on the wristband if you polish it a lot.
- Wrong handling and caring is often the main cause of discolouring of the metal.
- A big problem for a few people is that they secrete some chemicals from their skin that creates discolouring on the metal. In some extreme cases, the watch or jewellery turns discoloured. There is unfortunately nothing that can be done about this. Most people don’t have this problem though thankfully.
- Changing of time and date on your watch shouldn’t be done between 10PM and 2 AM (watches that have dates where the watches have 24 hours zone) as this can cause damage to the mechanism inside the watch.
Diamonds and Topaz are not covered by the warranty but we at IO.DOMO will try to help you with any problems!
If a stone on your watch or wristband has dropped off within 3 months after the collection of the watch just get in contact with our support and we will try to help you!
Please note that if the watch is delivered with a problem we ask you to contact us immediately!
Your IO.DOMO watch comes in an original box with a manual booklet, certificate of authencity and more, together with a small surprise!
The best for the IO.DOMO family! All of our watches are equipped with a RONDA* movement. The parts come originally from Switzerland and were assembled by our partner
*Ronda in Switzerland produces mechanical automatic movements and quartz watch movements with Swiss precision for famous watch brands worldwide
The glass we use for our watches is made of hardened mineral crystal.